Tuesday 4 March 2014

Book Review: Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi

Summary via Goodreads:  Juliette now knows she may be the only one who can stop the Reestablishment. But to take them down, she'll need the help of the one person she never thought she could trust: Warner. And as they work together, Juliette will discover that everything she thought she knew - about Warner, her abilities, and even Adam - was wrong.

Review: This book, being the conclusion to a series that has generated so much hype was much anticipated by myself and everyone else. I loved this novel, it was an absolute privilege to read such a powerful story. This book makes me so happy because it wrapped everything up and Mafi does such an incredible job at keeping things ambiguous until the very end.

      Over the course of the Shatter Me trilogy Mafi's writing style has started a conversation among readers and writers alike, the way she describes things and leeks her main character, Juliet's, mental state through every single word, sentence and chapter is incredible and cannot be overlooked. I adore the way these books are written and how well the entire plot is executed.

      What a wonderful way to end a trilogy and complete a story that has captivated all of us for so long. I myself finished this novel in a matter of hours, foregoing anything else that needed doing in favour of reading this. It is such perfection to read. a 5/5 star rating for me.

Quotes I love: “Words, I think, are such unpredictable creatures.
No gun, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence. Swords may cut and kill, but words will stab and stay, burying themselves in our bones to become corpses we carry into the future, all the time digging and failing to rip their skeletons from our flesh.”

          
“And we are quotation marks, inverted and upside down, clinging to one another at the end of this life sentence. Trapped by lives we did not choose.” 

“His hands are holding my cheeks, and he pulls back just to look me in the eye and his chest is heaving and he says, "I think," he says, "my heart is going to explode," and I wish, more than ever, that I knew how to capture moments like these and revisit them forever.

Because this.

This is everything.”
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment