Thursday 2 August 2012

Book Review: Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

When Clara Gardner learns she's part angel, her entire life changes. She now has a purpose, a specific task she was put on this earth to accomplish, except she doesn't know what it is. Her visions of a raging forest fire and a mysterious boy lead her to a new high school in a new town but provide no clear instruction. As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make between the boy in her vision and the boy in her life, between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. . . . When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

__________________________________________________________________________________

     This books was a really fast read for me once I got into it. I really enjoyed it. It was a new take on the angel aspect of Young Adult books. Clara is a very smart, funny and all around whity character in this novel. I enjoyed seeing things from her prospective in this novel because with her, it was never really boring. Other characters in the book were really well done in the fact that they each were so seperate and so different you just enjoyed the diversity in their personalitly's.
     The town that this book is set in is a sweet town that is very tight knit and is not keen to let insiders into their group. It reminds me a lot of my own town, which really made me smile because i can definitly relate to them and their attidude.
     Although the beginning of this story was kind of confusing because Clara knew more than we did and it was hard to work through that during the first few pages. It started almost like a sequel because I felt like we were supposed to know everything about her world already and we didn't. But eventually that evened out and we all were caught up in her life.
     The twist at the end of the novel regarding the love interest was one this still makes me smile as I write this review. It's one that I think you will really enjoy overall because it just ties everything up really nicely and makes it so nothing is left out of the novel.

     I really enjoyed this book and I reccomend it to anyone! The sequel Hallowed is out currently in Hardcover.

No comments:

Post a Comment